Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Changes in Life...its Christmas Time

Children of Bodom are a Finnish power/thrash metal band. The music sounds very power metal but the vocals are more thrashy.
Christmas this year wasn't anything like last year, in fact it was the polar opposite. Last year i got EVERYTHING on my list and this year I didn't get anything at all. Not that my mom or I wanted to do it that way, its just that she is moving to San Diego in a month and there are a lot of things to take care of and no money for any sort of gifts...I didn't have any fundage either. It was still nice to see her though, I guess next year I will be visiting San diego for Christmas.
I am a bit bummed about her moving down there only cause she won't be 3 hours away...but then I realized some other problems with her moving....I still have a number of friends that I have spent the holidays with for the last several years and now that she is going to be living nowhere near Renton WA it makes it impossible to do such a thing...an end of an era so to speak. Guess I will have to invade my friends homes at other times of the year. They could always come and visit me too but that has yet to happen.
I did get to go to one of my friends/extended family's homes on Christmas Eve and I got a Orange County Choppers beer stein with some mint candies. It was nice to see my friend's new baby and also her older kids that I have known from the time of their birth, even spent their first christmas with them. Other than seeing Nikol and Jim with their family I didn't have that much of an eventful Christmas. It was sad more than anything knowing that its probably the last Christmas I will spend in the NW for a long time or ever. Life goes on, just gotta hold on for the ride.

1 comment:

Fred said...

Sorry your mom is moving so far away. My folks are three hours away; it's nice to know I can get there at any time with no hassles.

The bright side is San Diego is a beautiful area of the country. You just may find an area that you fall in love with.

We'll have a word with Santa next year. He better pony up some gifts that match your list. You may want to send your letter to him via certified mail.