Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Grades and Work stuff

Ok. Grades were posted today. I got an A in Human Development(a slight curve as I originally had and A-); an A in Elementary Art, B in Elementary Math, B in Bio Lab, and B- in Bio Lecture. The GPA is safe for now...
Got a new student that is into black metal...Dimmu Borgir is his favorite band. Fortunately this band, unlike so many in the black metal genre, embraces good production so its listenable. I dig the music but all of the satanic imagery and lyrics coupled with the cookie monster vocals kinda make it difficult to listen. He wants to learn some of this stuff. He is also taking keyboard lessons from one of the other instructors who is hoping that I can widen this kids palette of music...it should prove interesting; the kid is very close minded when it comes to music, I can remember being kinda like him when I was younger too because this kid can be a bit snooty about it as I was when I was younger and still can be at times. Nothing like having a new challenge...now to figure out some of the music from this band.

3 comments:

Fred said...

For a guy who was pretty worried about the grades, I'd say you did very well. Congrats!

Enjoy the break.

Mike Leslie said...

Thanks Fred. I am enjoying my break.

RT said...

Merry Christmas, Mike!

(5 Weird facts, buddy... Give 'em up!)