Sunday, October 02, 2005

The wedding

My brothers wedding went off without a hitch...it stopped raining just in time...outdoor weddings kinda suck when its raining. I was about to start crying during the vows, it was very touching. I am very happy for my brother and i look forward to the lil bambino/bambina that should be arriving around March 17th or so...really close to my birthday. My oldest niece was born 3 days away from my 18th birthday...makes it alot easier to remember how old she is. Can't believe she is 13 already. The receptionwas nice. We had roast beef/turkey and a bunch of other fixins and my step mom and other brother Tim put together a DVD of David and Kristin from baby to their meeting set to a pretty cool rendition of Bach's Jesu, Joy of mans Desiring. Her dad made a small speech welcoming David to the family and speaking of Kristen's tenacity, then I did the same, welcoming Kristin to the family and giving my little brother away by way of saying "for all the years of (I lightly sock him in the arm)...now its her job." I feel very privleged to have been my baby brothers best man. I wish them the very best life that can be had. Now I need to catch back up on my homework...God, I hate school. Glad its my last year...unless i go for the masters...

2 comments:

Fred said...

Sounds like a great day. Congrats to your brother.

Bar L. said...

Nieces and nephews are one of the best parts of life!!!! Sounds like a lovely wedding.