Sunday, October 09, 2005

Guitar Center SUCKS!!! and other rantings

I have been piecing together another electric guitar for the fun of it; kind of a hobby and I took this guitar to guitar center to have some sautering done...the guy told me 3 to 4 days and then he was gonna charge me $75 for it. Installs usually cost $35 so this guy was a quack...I called a couple different times and my guitar still wasnt done so today i went back to the store and picked it up...the work I need done still isnt done but I know for a fact i can find someone to do the work for much cheaper. A couple of the guys I work with told me that a couple of their friends would be able to hook me up for cheap. I just want to play the dang thing...I am practically feigning for it. In other news....school is tiring. I will be glad to be done in June. I still am not sure about Grad school, I havent even applied yet but I do have one of the three recommendation letters. I would just like to take a long break from school and live for a while. I like to be able to come home and just chill rather than have to break open some books to study.

7 comments:

Bar L. said...

Bummer. You need a break

RT said...

Anticipa a shun... :o)

Hang in there Mike, it'll be worth it!

RT said...

BTW, if you knew the guy was a quack, why did you take it to him in the first place?

Mike Leslie said...

I didnt knwo in the first place...he turned out to be one. I never should have gone to Guitar Center to begin with, 99% of the pople that work there are freakin clueless about what they are selling and the few that do have no soul working for such a corporate monster that doesn't give a damn about customer service.

Fred said...

I took a break from school and never went back. It all worked out, but be prepared either way.

Sorry you got taken for a ride...

Mike Leslie said...

Fortunately I was able to pick up my guitar before any work got done so there were no charges, just the aggrivation of having to deal with an idiot which in my eyes is pretty expensive.

Anonymous said...

come visit a forum I belong to (no I'm not spamming you -- I think you'd like it there):
www.guitarcentersucks.com
Join us!