Sunday, August 14, 2005

Weddings and Farewells and other stuff

My buddy Jorge just got hitched this weekend and then a bunch of my friends took off for Bible school afterwards. Its gonna be interesting to see what develops over this next year. I am really gonna miss my friends but I know what they are doing is as much a benefit to me as it is to them and the rest of our friends.
I spent the night in Roseburg OR last night (the location of the wedding) and saw one heck fo a huge bug. I was trying to fall asleep and then I heard thsi buzzing noise, it sounded as if someone's phone was on vibrate except this was really loud. The dude I road down with jumped otu of bed after the bug got a little to close for comfort. We turned on the lights looking fro the thing and finally found it and flushed it out. It flew up at my friend sending him running across the room as the bug went the other way.
This bug's body was as big as my thumb and had huge antenae, its wings must have been solid and folded on its back cause they were nowhere to be seen when it was walking across the floor. Rather than attempting to squash this beast of a bug I grabbed my flip-flop and used it as a catapult to send the bug out of the room. After shooing another large but smaller bug out I managed to get a little shut-eye.
I get to spend this next week at a kids camp (4th through 7th grade). I have done this camp for the last few years but this time I am staying with the kids instead of my own bed at home. Oh the adventure. I still remember going to camp as a kid and now some of the people I will be working with at the camp were serving with the kids when I was going to camp 20 years ago.

1 comment:

Mike Leslie said...

Abner was living here in Portland during his internship with the Justice dept. Francis came down for a visit and now Abner ahs since gone back to Eugene. Those bugs sucked but at the same time it was a funny experience.