Thursday, August 18, 2005

Ridden Hard and Put Away Wet!

This has been yet another long week. Camping with 4th through 7th graders...oh joy. I was with a bunch of 6th graders. SOme fo them were really good and obedient and others were bound and determined to contradict and argue with me at every point that they could. I finally had to crack the whip and begin putting kids in theri place, even one of the counselors I ahd to set straight though he had a few things to point out where I could improve as well...the kids were looking at this 17 year old as the prime authority when he was at best a captain or lieutenant where I was the five star general. I love those kids but at the same time I wanted to break my foot off on their butts.
One of the other counselors that was in there with me was also playing guitar for worship...he acknowledges that I can play circles around him yet he still tries to cop a tude with me; maybe I am reading to much into it but I was certainly annoyed by it. Glad its over for now. I am exhausted and my feet are absolutely killing me from being on them constantly for the last four days, I was always having to chase down this or that kid or something else. Now time to rest and recouperate.

2 comments:

RT said...

Spending time with a bunch of kids? You're a braver person than I am, lol. I would have just tied them all up by their toes and went out to enjoy sunning myself by the lake...

As for your fellow guitar player, now that he acknowledges it, maybe he feels he has to aspire? Don't be too hard on him... Yet.

Mike Leslie said...

The other guitarist is a John Denver type, he's older. I just humor him. There were a couple kids that almost got taken out to the woods with some honey and rope to find some ants. It was really rough on the last night. Made it through though.