Monday, August 08, 2005

Life is gonna be really lonely around here after this week...

...Several of my friends are leaving for Bible school after a friend of ours gets hitched this next weekend. I am bummin. It looks like another page in my life is turning again...of course I have had a number of people bugging me about going to the Bible school but as of yet God has not put the desire to go within me. The reasons people give me are not good enough..."you can find a wife there" is one of them and I have had the thought that going would just get everyone off my back and then I would be a member of the club. I know a lot of people that have gone to this school and they encourage everyone to go. I hear them talk of their experiences there (ah memories) and then when there is anyone else that has gone then they have some long conversation to which I cannot relate to in any way; my not having not gone to the school sort of excludes me from this "club." Of course the whole "club" mentality or idea is in NO way a reality but sometimes I feel that it is; it gets a tad boring or lonely in my corner of the world when people start talking of their experiences with others that have gone through the school.
In my lack of desire to go people ask me, "don't you want to gain more of the Lord?" DUH! I wouldn't be going to church and as many home meetings and gatherings with people from church if I didn't want the Lord to gain more ground in me. Obviously I am a bit at odds with this...got some things to sort out, see where the Lord is leading.

6 comments:

Peterpans Gurl said...

Yah i was hot for the FTTA, now I've gone COLD. :/ I too want to gain more of the Lord. Maybe it's not my timing yet? Chin up!! I've got your back! lol
;p

~Wen

Mike Leslie said...

Thanks Wendy!

RT said...

Wow. Peer pressure. Who would have thunk that we'd still be dealing with that as adults...

Hey, if they're all leaving, does that mean we'll get more of your attention??? :D

Mike Leslie said...

Who knows what is gonna be happening in the coming months. When did you become we? :)

RT said...

Huh? What do you mean "When did you become we?"?

O! That's right, it has been quite a while since I've talked about my multiple personalities... You might have forgotten, or not have heard. :o)

Mike Leslie said...

LOL I see. I was not aware of your many facets. May all ya'll will get more of my attention. ;)