Thursday, August 25, 2005

Recording this week

THis past monday I did some recording at work that will eventually be posted on the studio website. I will be finishing up one of the tracks tonight and hopefully in the coming weeks do a second track. THis is my first time doing a fully digital recording as well as doing any recording with my newest guitars, the Ibanez SZ520 I got for Christmas this past year, the Breedlove nylon string I got just a few months ago, and there is a possibility that my Ibanez bass will be heard too. Also heard in its first time recording is my Alvarez artist series acoustic. THe nylon string sounds amazing, and this is running it direct into the board. We miked my Alvarez, something wrong with my preamp on the guitar (oh crap...more expenses). We also ran my Ibanez SZ520 through the board for rhythms and leads, gonna be fixing the tones tonight, what went down to disc was not to my satisfaction.
So, tonight is gonna be fixing a few rhythm/lead things, laying down the bass, and vocals; hopefully getting a couple harmonies here and there (I hope it comes out good vocally). Nice thing is that I am getting to do this for free and then on top of that I don't need to haul my amp with me, though hauling several guitars gets to be a pain (I sometimes forget I have more than one).

6 comments:

Peterpans Gurl said...

Thanks for the note mike! I've had THREE spams on my blogs.. and I don't know HOW to keep it from happening or WHO to contact about it. I have sent an email to blogger support. I can delete them but it's a pain in the rass*

Fred said...

Sounds cool - I hope you'll give us a link when it's up.

RT said...

Right over my head, lol.

Mike Leslie said...

OVer your head? How so? All the tracks are done though part of me wants to re-record the electric lead on it though the drummer and bassist on the track think it is just fine how it is. i actually quote one of my favorite band in part of the lead.

RT said...

Huh?

Keep in mind that you're talking to a total novice here, lol. One of the reasons I appreciate music so much is because I don't understand everything that goes into it... I just know that it's a heck of a lot! :o)

Mike Leslie said...

understood. I will definately be posting when it is up and available. I am not sure if they are gonna do the full track or not. They may just have 30 second samples.