Thursday, July 07, 2005

New purchases and random things

Picked up the bass yesterday; its really light weight compared to many basses I have played over the years. At a scratch and dent sale I picked up a project guitar for 100 bucks. The neck is perfect and the frets are just a little worn, the body has some dings in it and the bridge needs to be replaced as do the pickups. All those parts are now forthcoming. We shall see if I can get this guitar turned into something worth playing. On another note....
I am finally home...been house-sitting for the last week and a half. It was cool to have access to a pool whenever I wanted, though the chlorine levels went off the charts when I messed up the chlorination schedule by a few hours. The day I left the pool was back to normal.
I hope to have my new car by early next week...got myself a costco membership the other day, was hoping to get me some low price tires but I found a better deal at the Tire Factory. Oh well, I got me some huge bulk size food items as well as some decent razors that should last me a few months. I could easily spend several thousand dollars there. And I now have enough q-tips to last me for several years. Some of the packaging there is a bit extreme, as if a person is buying to stalk up a bunker or something, that or to feed a medium size army.
Seen a couple movies recently...Batman Begins and Madagascar. BB was by far the best of the two, surpassing the previously made movies by a long shot; and for lack of a better term to describe it ,I would have to say it was more "realistic" than the others.It was still dark but it didnt have that wierd tim burton twist that permeates all his movies. Madagascar...I should have waited till video, maybe I will like it better then. It was funny in places but when compared to other pixar type films, it pales.
I have gotten into reading again, not just guitar mags and the Bible but actual books. Winter quarter at school had me reading a book from Neil Gaiman called "American Gods," and I have since read "Neverwhere" and will soon start "Stardust." I also bought "The Dirt" by Motley Crue. Been wanting to read that one for some reason or another...

No comments: