Monday, January 16, 2006

New Quarter

I am taking 15 credits again this quarter. I am debating on whether or not to drop the CHildrens lit/Library Science class cause of the work load and that most of it is online and group stuff. When i registered it said nothing of it being online and to make matters worse, the online system is in beta so God only knows what could happen. I will be talking to some others that have taken the class, see if they had to take it online or if it was all classroom work.
I have a couple new students, one of which is starting tomorrow and the other questions why he even needs the knowledge i can give him...duh...don't you want to be able to communicate with other musicians on a professional level? He is in his 40s so I guess he is kinda like me(though i am at least 10 years younger than him), wanting a practical application for everything instead of wasting time on random BS. My death metal student has been arguing with me over a part in this song he wants to learn and its driving me nuts. I ahve been playing longer than he has been alive and he is trying to say that the way i have been going at the song is wrong. The dude doesnt even practice what i give him nor can he really play anything other than noise so i am about to put him in his freakin place. That or I will have the other teacher that is teaching him piano help me out by helping this lil putz to understand rhythm and time, cause the kid is freakin clueless and he is going on a live version of the song which is different from the studio recording and there is also the possiblity that he is looking at the worng guitarist since there are two different guitar parts going on according to some music I ahve for the tune. The joys of dealing with know it all teenagers (ie I am a teenager and I have my head up my backside can you direct me to the exit?).

1 comment:

Fred said...

Well, good luck this quarter with school and the new students. Only four more months 'til summer vacation.