Friday, June 04, 2010

THings are moving forward

I will be starting up the Luthiery program at Roberto -Venn near the end of August. I move to Phoenix on August 1st, got my apartment all set up; its a studio apartment with a bed in a cabinet, a kitchen with a breakfast bar, a pool outside with fruit trees all over. I have been pondering what kind of guitar I want to make; the body style, amount of frets, scalloping the fretboard or not, body woods, the pickups and so on. There are so many options it is mindboggling. I would like to replicate the neck on my Charvel SoCal, it plays so well but I want to do something a bit different with the body. I am looking forward to learning so much more about the instrument that has been such a major part of my life.

A few people from Portland will be living in the area, a kid I watched grow up (I was his Sunday School teacher) and an older retired couple...it will be good to have some familiar faces around.

I am wondering about the end of the program and what job I might have. I would love to be able to live in a sunny climate near the beach if at all possible. I wish my current home was closer to the beach rather than 20 or so miles away...glad to be at least that close though.

Now I am working on some new music. I wanted to have a new album done by August, we shall see if that happens...I need to get off my dead ass and start hacking at it.

No comments: