Thursday, March 25, 2010

something happening...

I was accepted into the Guitar Craft Program at the Musicians Institute in Hollywood...sadly, I was only able to get enough financial aid to cover almost half of the tuition. That left me in need of upwards of 38K to cover the rest of tuition, I wasn't able to get any private student loans. So I am not going to be attending that program.

I went and visited a school in Phoenix AZ, Roberto-Venn School of Luthiery. I applied and was accepted. I have yet to know how much I am getting for financial aid but the tuition is MUCH cheaper than MI, not to mention that the cost of living is much cheaper in Phoenix than it is in Hollywood. After crunching numbers, I figured that my cost of living and tuition for Roberto-Venn will be less than half of what it would cost me to go to MI. So classes start on August 26th. I have paid $250 so far towards tuition and fees and I am saving money between now and then. I need to find a place to live over there as well. I hope to either get a furnished apartment for the 5 months I will be there or to buy a futon and a desk and or table and have them shipped so I don't have to move all of my stuff only to move it again only a few months later.

Who knows what is to come at the end of the program in January but I am looking forward to being a certified luthier(maker and repairer of guitars). Meanwhile I am teaching guitar part time as well as working in the yard and doing some remodeling for my mom in order to make ends meet.

No comments: