Thursday, September 10, 2009

I am moving!

I am moving to El Cajon CA, just a little outside of San Diego. I will be moving in with my mom and two young ladies, one who has a baby daughter. I have never met the childless girl, the girl with a baby went with my mom and I to Disneyland on my birthday...she seems like a pretty cool gal.

I have no idea what is going to happen, I jus tknow that I need to get the hell out of the Portland area. I am being punished for being honest by the unemployment office. I worked as a consultant for a janitorial company (self employed, I will get a 1099 at the end of the year) and also have been teaching guitar part time (I have spent far more on teaching materials and music equipment this year than I have made in the last couple of years teaching). Anyways, the lovely folks at the employment department have decided to suspend my benefits pending investigation...I had been reporting earnings and this past week I didn't report any...shouldn't have listened to either of my parents or any of my friends...so I had called the unemployment office to find out what I need to do with my moving to California...then the guy laid on me all these questions about what work I was doing. I told him it was all self employed stuff, I will get a 1099 and he says something about my benefits being suspended pending investigation(a 3 week process) to determine whether or not my self employment (or whatever it is they seem to think it was I was doing) interferred with my search for employment or not. THere is a severe lack of logic and common sense in this case....I am beyond livid with this stupidity. So now....I have over $400 in bills, hardly any food in the house, I need to come up with somewhere around $1000-1600 to get my butt moved, AND I need to buy a new EGR valve for my car ($153 part). I currently have a little over $300 at the moment in my checking, I will finally get a check from the consultant work I was doing which puts me at the $700 + mark but that still isn't anywhere near enough to get things done. I have a form to fill out for unemployment numerous questions...I also am awaiting two different financial assistance applications for two different medical bills. I need to get my unemployment insurance going on my credit cards because i don't have the moeny to pay for some of them...I am not in a good place right now. HELP!

I have posted some of my furniture on craigslist but I have only gotten spam in reply. I would really like to keep my furniture because i am not going to be at my moms forever and it took a long time to acquire what I have...waiting for buyers. I am hoping that its all going to get better from here cause this freakin blows in ways I cannot even begin to describe.

1 comment:

Fred said...

Hope you're safely settled in El Cajon by now, Mike. Keep us posted.