Friday, April 10, 2009

its been a while


things have been a tad bit crazy over the last few months...work is a never-ending rollercoaster it seems; we get some sort of equalibrium established and then someoen comes along and throws a monkeywrench in the works and we have to fix it all up again...its getting REALLY old. I turned 35 on March 19th...spent that at Disneyland with my mom and her neighbor and daughter...had a hell of a lot of fun there, especially Splash Mountain. I am in the back of the log.

I have also acquired a new guitar and amp, upgraded computer and recording software, and so on...I have been taking steps to begin marketing my music because I know when I am doing music I am truly happy. If I can make some money from my music all the better. Everyone keeps telling me I should be doing music and I want to, so instead of talking about it and dreaming about it I am stepping back out there bit by bit. I was almost signed once and now things are so much different than when I was out there playing shows in the mid 90s, the artist has much more control over their career and the rights to their music with the net.
I signed up at one site that does marketing for you (www.numberonemusic.com), I currently have 459 people on my mailing list from all over the world. Once I get my music copyrighted I will put it on itunes and other internet music sales places and then I will step it up on the marketing end as well.
I just got back in touch with the bassist from my first band I was in just out of high school...he has gotten a lot better than he was back in the day...he wants me to get back out there playing as well, maybe do some shows with him. I am game...just need to have a way for the money to flow in to take care of bills and such...responsibility is sooooo much fun.

2 comments:

Fred said...

Well, Happy Birthday, Mike. I love the picture.

Sounds like making music is going full speed ahead. Looking forward to seeing it on iTunes...that will be a real achievement.

Mike Leslie said...

Thanks Fred...I would like music to be my full time job, get into video game soundtracks and get back into playing in bands.